Saturday, March 26, 2005

Real Friends....

Real friends are those who,when you've made a fool of yourself,don't feel that you've done a permanent job.
Last sept.5,1988 a girlfriend of mine sent me a letter that made me really surprised...may I share this letter and her poem addressed named girlie.
She wrote;
Dear Girly,
My surprise is not very surprising but this poem was conceived last night before I went to sleep...... then I "put finishing touches" this few minutes before I'm going down to the post office.
I hope you'll like it.It is for your "entertainment"for your birthday!
Love Always,
Nenet Insoy
A Friend Named Girlie
by:*Red Rose 9-4-88
I thank God for all these people
That surround my little soul
They may be young and maybe old
Somestimes jolly sometimes cold
But let me speak of a friend
Who might have a heart of gold
But this treasure she carefully hold
Sometimes rejected other times misunderstood
Her beauty is for every eyes to see
But,yeah,look deep through the inner she
Behind the proud smile there's a gentle face
Behind the sharp tongue is a humble phrase
Look at the way she moves
Fast strides reflected her happy world
And even if she wanders anywhere
She comes home like another winner
She is sincere friend
But a sting to an enemy
She dances gracefully
But sings ordinarily
Her taste is classy
But eats heavily
Her jokes are funny
Yet sometimes bland and corny
Oh, all the things I've seen in Girlie
Are of course seen in me!!
ha!ha!
Girl,have a ha..ha..happy birthday!
P.s. lock your age behind the drawer.
*If you can't remember,I used to write Red Rose as my pseudonym..especially
when we were active in the Horizon Campus.. requested songs are signatured by Red Rose............Me
Nenet Insoy Guevara

1 comment:

My Little World said...

A very meaningful letter, she is a real friend indeed! Wish, i can make such nice letter too, Habibi! HDL!!!!