Saturday, April 23, 2005

The German Patients....

I work here in Germany,in one of the biggest Organization in the whole world for nearly 10 years now.My task is to take care of old people.I find my work so difficult but interesting.I love to work under old people.You see,,my patients mostly are intelligent,correct,one could imagine like a "President" or a "Queen".Almost all of them are lonely people.I guess,because of their experiences in former times..regardless of war or any reason.
I know that to be "old" isn't a favorite theme .Being old is relative.It is really hard to accept being old:That problem ..to be old isn't a problem but instead,that; how can we stay young.
In my area lives 3 pinays.I able to start the first step to work as an Altenpflegerin follows Clarita and Norma.
The 3 Angels........
For the German patients having us as Schwestern..they find it "lucky"
They know we do our job"pflege mit Herz und Seele"(we work with heart and soul) properly.And mostly, with gusto.
Of course,our duty has a time table..very limited for every patient..with different approach.
Clarita is my wechsel dienst.She work 5 days and free and I work week-ends and 5 days and then free.
We have a first patient we call her madame.Parkinson and diabetic ,highblood..Mwf is a big programe.M19..meaning a 1 hr service."P"
paligo,pahairdo,pakainin,pabihisan ,pablutdruck messen,pabigay medis at pa fix sa beddings.(anova yan) oi..don't forget to empty pa the toilletenstuhl.
at mag doku...hehehehe wa akong deutsch sister net.
Of course,in order that we know what is going on with her..we need to converse while doing our job.
Heto na...we have our own key to get inside..knock2x...guten morgen..Frau...
dann automatisch druck man die malteser notruf(hmm..)NAAAAAAAAA wie geht es Ihnen?..sabay pasok at nag tiklup na ng gamit nya..Sie antwortet..äh.. gut...sabay ..kuha sa mappe..at nag basa..sabi ko naman..klingt nicht zu überzeugen Frau...dann fängt Sie an zu erzählen..wissen Sie was Schwester..gestern war ich doch ins tagespflege...blabla..Öje...
After an hour pawis na ako..oke Frau ..dann bis morgen..Sie warten bis die civis Sie abholt okeeeeeeeee...?! mit kliene stimme..oke danke schön und bis morgen..(häää) makilala pakaya niya ako bukas kung hindi umandar ang demenz nya.Dann tschüß....sabay takbo to the next patient.My very first patient was a blind lady,parkison and overweight..I thought to myself I will try to look for a job if by a chance I could find one.Since Iam not pschologically strong to handle such cases.I always think of my mama.I pity them..I cried so hard ,at my first duty..but now ,Iam already used to it.I could even tackle the smell of the urine or stuhlgang.Whatelse could I do I choose that missionary work.And Iam glad I did.My father would be proud of me ,for I know he wished me to be so.
Angel....

1 comment:

My Little World said...

this is a unique way of blogging sis...tagalog,visaya,german and english..what could be a better for that..hahaha!never mind..it comes from your heart. Yes! you are an angel to all. u r habibi! Papa could surely be proud of you...mwahhhhhhhhh!